In the heart of the business district a fire broke out in the Holmes building killing the Neckwear Manufacturing Co. which was located there.
The Grant House was around in the 1800 and has now been adopted by Eastern Connecticut State University.
Benny's once stood here for many years but went out of business. Now Lots & More stands in its place.
The Savings Institute on Main Street used to be called the Savings Institution. On Sept. 3rd 1889 the Normal School Opened up on the 3rd floor.
Frogs are a big thing in Willimantic. But in the early 2000's the four frogs on the frog bridge were built and set in place.
This was the first mill to be completely run by electricity!
Our science building was a new edition to Eastern Connecticut State University in 2008